How Is Broken Arrow Lodge Different?
Hunt in the Heart of it All
You can’t wait to hunt in Montana – but it’s a big state and you may not be sure where to go.
Our hunting lodge and outfitter is located in the heart of Montana elk hunting country – nearly half of our state’s elk harvest comes from our region each year – and our guides are some of the top in the area with over 20 years’ experiencing guiding in the backcountry of the Snowcrest Mountain Range.
The National Forest that surrounds us is full of elk, deer, moose, antelope, and black bear.
Get Guided - Or Not!
You’re coming to Montana for one main reason – to harvest an animal – and yet you know there’s a reason it’s called “hunting” and not “killing.”
Our guides have done and seen it all and will do everything they can to help you fill your tag.
If you don’t want a guide by your side each day, we’ll still point you in the right direction with daily herd movement updates, as well as recommendations on where to go with maps and photos.
Enjoy Your Type of Hunting
Whether you’re looking for a once-in-a-lifetime Montana backcountry elk hunting experience, or want a more leisurely hunting trip, we’d love to host you!
Our hunting site is remote, but accessible, with a variety of hunting terrain for those who want a physically exhilarating and challenging experience, to those who want to get outside, but don’t want to have to hike too far.
How We Make Your Trip Amazing
Leave the Planning to Us
You want a memorable and successful Montana hunting trip, but where to start?
We understand how overwhelming it can be to figure out how to have the experience of a lifetime and come home with your tag filled.
We’ve been helping people have amazing hunting trips for over 30 years – out of our comfortable mountain hunting lodge, as well as in the backcountry.
Have the Hunt of a Lifetime
Whether you’re a bow or rifle hunting enthusiast, new to hunting or experienced, or will be hunting elk or deer, our guides will do everything they can to make your trip one to remember.
We’ll provide you a cozy place to stay, delicious and hearty home-cooked meals, and guidance on where to go, what to do, and how to do it – all based upon creating the experience of your dreams.
Go Home Successful
We have backcountry and ranch access to areas that consistently produce 30-inch mule deer bucks and 5′ x 6′ bull elk – and our guides will do everything possible to help you harvest one.
Whether you go home with the photos, antlers, and meat to that prove you filled your tag, or simply feeling rejuvenated after being outside in the mountains alongside new friends for a few days, we’ll make sure you leave feeling your trip was successful!
Guided Montana Big Game Hunting Packages
Consider the cost of figuring out where to go and how to get the most out of your hunting trip, as well as the amount of time buying groceries and preparing meals while actually there – and after a long day hunting. How much better would it be to have someone do it all for you?
Whether you’re looking for a guided or unguided hunting experience, we exist to help create the overall Montana hunting trip you’ve been dreaming of. You won’t have to do the heavy lifting, you can just focus on hunting and enjoying your time here.
All of our guided hunting packages include one local Montana hunting guide for every two hunters, as well as comfortable sleeping accommodations, and three home-cooked meals per day. To maintain a high level of personal service, we limit our guests to 10-12 per week at the lodge.
Our backcountry camps are some of the finest in the hunting industry with new wall tents, wood stoves, carpeted floors, a bathroom, and a shower. We pack in over 100 horse loads of gear to ensure the comfort of our clients. Our horses are experienced in the mountains, shod for the conditions, and active all year round to be in the best shape for our hunters.
Rates are for 2 hunters per guide. If are welcome to request a 1-on-1 guide, for an additional $1000 fee.
What’s not included? Montana accommodation tax and hunting license(s).
2019 Guided Achery (Bow) Hunting Dates Available:
- September 7 – 11 (hunt 6 – 12)
- September 13 – 17 (hunt 12 – 18)
- September 19 – 23 (hunt 18 – 24)
2019 Guided Rifle Backcountry Elk Hunting Dates Available:
- October 25 – 31 (hunt 26 – 30)
- October 31 – November 6 (hunt Nov 1 – 5)
- November 8 – 14 (hunt 9 – 13)
- November 14 – 20 (hunt 15 – 19)
2019 Guided Rifle Lodge Hunting Dates Available:
- October 25 – 31 (hunt 26 – 30)
- November 3 – 9 (hunt Nov 4 – 8)
- November 10 – 16 (hunt 11 – 15)
- November 17 – 23 (hunt 18 – 22)
- November 24 – 30 (hunt 25 – 29)
Backcountry Elk Hunt5 days hunting / 6 nights camping
- Hunt from our backcountry camp with wall tents and horses.
- Pack in the day before your hunt starts, enjoy 5 full days of hunting, and pack back out in the afternoon after your last morning hunt.
- Please note that for 2-on-1 hunts, hunters must hunt together and for the same game. Exceptions are subject to additional fees.
- Hunt an additional elk for $500 more
Elk, Deer, or Antelope Lodge Hunt5 days hunting / 6 days lodging
- Hunt all day with the comfort of staying at our lodge at night.
- Most of our deer hunts are on private property. We lease ranches that produce very nice bucks. The best time for both mule deer and whitetail deer hunts are usually the last two weeks of the general season.
- Please note: all elk hunts are on horseback.
Guided Antelope Hunt3 days hunting / 4 nights lodging
- Hunting by day with the comfort of staying at our hunting lodge at night.
Unguided Montana Hunting & Lodging Packages
With our knowledge of the area and monitoring the elk, we provide information to plan your hunt each day to areas with elk. The assistance of maps and photographs help to clarify the area we will be sending you each day. You will need to have your own 4-wheel drive vehicle to get to the trailheads and then hunt on foot from there. The areas are accessible only by foot or horseback. We take on the average of 10 hunters at the lodge per week to keep your experience more personalized.
2019 Unguided Achery (Bow) Hunting Dates Available:
- September 1 – 8
- September 9 – 15
- September 18 – 22
2019 Unguided Rifle Hunting Dates Available:
- October 19 – 25
- October 28 – November 3
- November 4 – 10
- November 11 – 17
- November 18 – 24
What’s not included in price? Montana accommodation tax and hunting licenses.
6-Day Unguided Big Game Hunt6 days hunting / 6 nights lodging
- Daily hunting information to increase your odds of successfully harvesting an elk, deer, bear, moose, antelope, or upland birds
- Comfortable accommodations at our lodge
- Three home-cooked meals per day